IndieKnives Sunday News: Community Updates & Marketing for Makers
Every Sunday we share know how, tips & tricks around Marketing & Instagram for professional knife makers, as well as updates and news from the community.
Oh, and discount codes whenever we get a new one. See below for details.
Interested? Sign up now!
You want to unsubscribe?
No worries! Every mail has an unsubscribe link at the bottom. Click, done.
What’s in it?
Here are topics we’re typically covering:
- Marketing tips & resources for knife makers wanting to turn their hobby into a business
- We point to tutorials & guides around knife making from the community
- We ask suppliers for discount codes and share them
- We keep a list of upcoming events, shows and knife maker meetups
To get an idea, here are the non-regular topics from a few recent newsletters:
April 25, 2021: What’s New: 7 Ways to Track your Orders (+5 Business Models)
- 6 Ways to Keep Track of Orders
- Chatting about his Etsy inventory with Ryan from @dragonsnestforge
- 5 Ways to Earn Money as a Knife Maker
- Where Should You Add Hashtags? (In a comment or caption?)
- Chatting about WIX Payments with @pellegrino_cutlery (beware trouble!)
April 18, 2021: What’s New: From Custom Knives to Batch Making (by @jmchopp)
- What do you wish someone had told you earlier about knife making? @drephonous_industries shares his answers.
- Jamison from @jmchopp talks about why he prefers batches over custom knives
- Italian Red Wine follows its own pricing rules—what are they and what can we learn from it?
- Sometimes customers just don’t want to pay … how you can mitigate this
April 11, 2021: What’s New: ⚡ Pricing Calculator for Custom Knives (& the WHY behind Knife Care Instructions)
- #forjaden MEGA raffle has started
- @rafter_d_custom’s Pricing calculator as a Google Sheet
- Watermarks to protect your knife photos, by @made_by_jon
- Why you should send knife care instructions
- Gain followers—not just with hashtags
April 04, 2021: What’s New: 💡 Building heat treat ovens, Q&A with @pillyknifeco (+ all discount codes)
- Latest column by @knifematerial.at: Building a heat treat oven
- Q&A about marketing with @phillyknifeco
- Best of IG & the web
- Upcoming events
- Banned hashtags
Should you have a newsletter, too?
Very likely, you should! Read here more about it.